Customer Portal and Smart Forms & Workflows Technical Information
SilverBlaze Customer Portal is a Java-based web portal designed with utility providers in mind.
By enabling Web Self-Service (WSS) and Web Content Management System (CMS) functionality for customers, employees and business partners, SilverBlaze allows utility providers to place added emphasis on customer engagement and satisfaction.
At the core of the SilverBlaze Customer Portal is a powerful Java foundation class library, based on open standard design patterns and best practices. This foundation ensures high application performance, and delivers an immensely flexible and scalable architecture.
Feature-rich relative to cost, SilverBlaze can easily be integrated with your existing software and processes, often at a fraction of the cost of internal custom development. Because of this, SilverBlaze provides organizations with a rapid return on investment.
The Guiding Principles of SilverBlaze
SilverBlaze continuously develops and evolves our Customer Portal with the following guiding principles in mind:
- Provide best-in-class customer care that engages customers as utility partners
- Provide great value with an aggressively priced, market-proven solution
- Provide fully automated and seamless integration with any CIS/Billing, AMI/R, MDM, OMS, Document Repository, SaaS and legacy systems
- Remain entirely platform and back-end independent while providing a single portal interface to multiple utility applications
- Provide rich out-of-the-box functionality, while accommodating customization
Book a SilverBlaze Demo
Experience the SilverBlaze Customer Portal AND SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow in action for yourself. Request your live personalized demo today!
The Business Modules Behind the SilverBlaze Customer Portal
SilverBlaze Customer Portal is comprised of four business modules that are platform independent and highly configurable, providing a single customer portal that allows for easy integration with your back-end applications.
1. The User Registry & Security Module
The User Registry & Security Module offers a repository to enroll site users, define security policies and integrate back-end application details. It acts as a foundation for other SilverBlaze modules, all of which plug-in and
2. The Utility CIS Portal Module
The Utility CIS Portal Module provides numerous inquiry functions geared toward self-service activities popular within the Utility customer community. This AODA accessibility compliant module runs through a rich dashboard interface and offers a number of fantastic features designed specifically for utility customers
3. The Utility Smart Meter Portal Module
The Utility Smart Meter Portal Module includes real-time AMI/MDM/ODS integration, charting, data downloads and pricing comparisons—providing a rich set of features focused on customer usage and demand data.
The Utility Smart Meter Portal Module is fully responsive thanks to an adaptive web design that offers mobile-friendly support. It also features themes enhanced personalization, Multi-lingual support, and is AODA Accessibility Compliant.
4. Data Integration Engines
The Data Integration Engines easily map to back-end production environments including CIS systems, billing systems, data repositories and document repositories, to securely leverage and enable information for customer self-service.
SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow
SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow is designed to integrate with and enhance your existing solutions, for both form input and data output. This integration can be accomplished using a wide array of techniques, such as live data integration, directory integration, and web services.
With no programming or special application development required, SilverBlaze speeds up the implementation of your workflow processes by weeks, and even months, delivering a blazingly fast ROI. When you choose SilverBlaze for your public, private, or municipal utility, you’re choosing a solution that is smart, flexible, and robust with features designed to enhance the experience of your customers.
SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow is written in 100% Java, and will run on any Java application server. It is designed to use any Java compliant relational database such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or IBM DB2.
The Four Major Components of SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow Enterprise Technology
1. The Form Manager
The Form Manager tracks the electronic forms required to capture and present all relevant information. The Form Manager allows:
- The presentation of your forms to conform to your utility’s online presence, seamlessly integrating with your website
- Forms to be defined to accommodate desktop, tablet
- The form layout to be separated from the field and workflow functionality—ensuring the layout can be easily modified as your requirements change
The Enterprise Data Manager (EDM) defines the data elements (fields) that are required for your workflow process. It provides:
- Extremely rich field functionality for your end users
- Functionality to easily add and modify the field behavior as your requirements change
- The ability to add and remove data fields, without having to worry about the underlying database storage
3. The Workflow Manager
The powerful interface of the Workflow Manager enables administrators and designers at your utility to map out all aspects of the business process. With the Workflow Manager, you can:
- Soft-code your business rules
- Easily add or modify workflow steps, without the requirement for an expensive development exercise
4. The Workflow Engine
At the heart of the SilverBlaze Smart Forms & Workflow platform, is the Workflow Engine uses its runtime processor to route workflow requests through your organization, based upon the configurations your utility has defined in the EDM, Form Manager (templates and widgets) and Workflow Manager.
Looking for more information on the technical highlights? Please contact us for documentation and specifications. We’d be happy to provide information as it relates to your specific organization and technology landscape.